The Northern Suburbs is one of the fasting growing areas in the State and the McGowan Government is delivering record investment in transport infrastructure to ensure that residents are connected to their community and jobs, and to improve safety and reduce congestion.
- Provided funding to support works on the METRONET Yanchep Rail Extension, which will add an additional 14.5 kilometers of rail to the existing Joondalup Line - the project will also create thousands of jobs for local WA workers.
- Committed $30 million for the completed widening of Wanneroo Road between Joondalup Drive and Flynn Drive to a duel carriageway.
- Constructing the Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive interchange.
- Construction of the Wanneroo and Ocean Reef Road interchange project.
- Completed the $23 million widening of Marmion Avenue to Yanchep.
- Funded $150,000 of traffic calming devices in Blackmore Avenue.
- Allocated funding for the Mitchell Freeway extension to Hester Avenue.