The McGowan Government is committed to ensuring that all Western Australian have access to the highest quality healthcare and we are delivering on our election commitments such as:
- Began planning for the $256.7 million redevelopment of Joondalup Health Campus, including additional mental health beds, emergency department bays and inpatient beds to support the ED expansion.
- Provided $11.23 million for specialist alcohol and drug staff at WA hospitals including Joondalup Health Campus, to help reduce the scourge of violence and aggression at public hospitals.
- Delivered a 10-bed Mental Health Observation Area at Joondalup Health Campus which opened in 2018, to improve mental health services for residents in Perth’s northern suburbs.
- Opened a comprehensive Stoke Unit at the Joondalup Health Campus. The new Stroke Unit will have 12 beds and will allow to stroke patients and their families in the northern suburbs to be taken care of much closer to home.
- Investing an additional $17.8 million to enhance palliative care services, which delivers on the recommendations of the Joint Select Committee Report on End of Life Choices, including $9 million towards an additional 10 inpatient palliative care beds in the northern metropolitan suburbs.