As a former teacher of 27 years education is one of my biggest passions and I still regularly go into my local schools to teach students about Civics and Citizenship. I will always be champion for my schools and the wonderful work they do for your young people. Below are just a few of the things that the McGowan Government has delivered in the local Wanneroo electorate:
- Converted classrooms into science labs at Tapping Primary School, East Wanneroo Primary School, Carramar Primary School, and Wanneroo Primary School and provided each school with $25,000 to purchase laboratory equipment.
- Construction of a $5million upgrade at Wanneroo Secondary College including a new sports hall and improvements to the tennis courts.
- Provided $400,000 to Tapping Primary School an upgrade to their undercover area.
- Provided $25,000 to Carramar Primary School to assist with the purchase of playground equipment and shade sails.
- $70,000 to Wanneroo Secondary College to purchase a minibus.
- Invested $3.7 million to revitalise Joondalup and Clarkson North Metro TAFE campuses to enhance training facilities in the areas of health and social assistance, automation, cybersecurity, and building and construction
- Halved TAFE courses across WA to prepare students for jobs in high demand industries like NDIS, Defense Manufacturing and Tourism and Hospitality - including a number of courses at the Joondalup and Clarkson TAFE campuses.
- A $200 million State-wide major maintenance blitz that addressed high priority maintenance works and created thousands of jobs for local workers.
- Funded additional teacher time which allows for Level 3 classroom teachers can coordinate mental health programs for students including at Tapping and Wanneroo primary schools & Wanneroo Secondary College.